This page looks at some alternatives to the current money systems of capitalism and communism. Until we can do away with money.
GNH vs. GDP
Gross National Happiness (GNH) rather than GDP:
The World We Deserve
great breakthrough of the twenty first century will be to begin to assess
success and failure in life other than merely through financial indicators." (Alain de Botton)
- "We must rapidly begin
the shift from a thing-oriented society to a person-oriented society. When machines and
computers, profit motives and property rights, are considered more important
than people, the giant triplets of racism, extreme materialism, and militarism
are incapable of being conquered." (Martin Luther King Jr. 1967 speech, cited
accessed 16 October 2012)
- Universal Basic Income is required - see here and here. This can reduce or eradicate poverty and slavery. It supports real freedom and the power to say "no".
- "To have enough is
happiness, to have more than enough is harmful. That is true of all things, but
especially of money." (Lao-Tse)
Love, Love, Love - NOT growth, growth, growth!
- Food - As a basic human right, everyone deserves healthy, organic food.
- Housing - Everyone has a home, supplied with clean water and sanitation.
- Energy - The Sun gives its energy for free and humans make sure solar energy is given free to everyone.
- Drudgery - Thank you for robots!
- Universal Basic Income - see GNH vs. GDP above.